Die folgenden Informationen werden in Englisch angeboten, da eure Kenntnisse in der Englischen Sprache entsprechend gut sein sollten, um den Text zu verstehen.
What does it mean being a Junior Nanny?
A Junior Nanny means being more qualified as an au pair but not enough qualified and experienced as a Nanny.
Qualification of a Junior Nanny
They are newly trained and hold less than two years experience in working with children and meeting their physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
- A child loving person who has worked in a kindergarten fulltime for one year
- A previous au pair who has stayed at least 10 months abroad
- A professional tutor who is willing to teach children in a second language, etc.
- Someone who has a diploma as a nursery school teacher or nursery nurse but with only little working experience.
- Students of pedagogy or social education who could already make practical experience in childcare
A Junior Nanny should provide:
- First aid would be required
- Smokers are not acceptable
- driver’s license and safe driving history
- English good to very good
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for a young child
Duties of Junior Nanny
A Junior Nanny can undertake all tasks related to the care of the children but it is recommended they are more suitable for shared charge.
Here are some major responsibilities of a Nanny but it depends on the employer:
- work in partnership with a team of nannies
- provide care and educational development for children from birth to 7 years old.
- meet the physical needs of children, including dressing, feeding, and bathing.
- is expected to undertake light household duties including children’s laundry, preparation of nutritional meals and maintain the cleanliness of the children’s room and belongings.
- is expected to teach basic social, reading and writing skills to older children in the household.
- plan and organize stimulating age appropriate activities
- is required to bring children to school the children and supervise homework
Benefits and Payment of a Junior Nanny
Each family will create a schedule and shift pattern unique to them. It is normal for a Junior Nanny to be employed on a live in or live out basis and depends on the domestic circumstances of the family.
For more details please see the above information about live-out and live-in Nanny.
Junior Nannies would be offered a salary range between £200 - £400 per week.